Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Moving camp

Renae and I drove about 45 minutes (NE) to a new campground. We wanted something more woodsy and less populated. Modern technology worked and we called Chris and Tasha and told them to join us. Here we are going for the outdoor experience and relying on our cell phones. Life is odd.

It is on the Lost Creek Reservoir. Over 30 miles of hiking trails to explore! The dam was built in 1977 and the primary purpose is to control flooding. I don't think of building dams and creating reservoirs like that for flood control. It does generate power, I wonder if that was the primary purpose and saying it was built mostly for flood control is just propaganda. The whole upper area has been turned in to a preserve now and is only accessible by bike or trail.


Lost Creek Lake

We took a short walk while waiting for Chris and Tasha. We found a nice lake trail. We saw signs of fire and looked down on the lake. We also saw swallows nesting in a tree cavity. They were too high up for pictures and of course I as anxious to take pictures with my new camera satisfied chuckle). There were plenty of butterflies flying about and the sweet smell of lilac filled the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home