Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Snoqualmie Valley

I took another ride through the Valley. I went to the Snoqualmie Falls to get a picture. (I posted the picture in my original entry about the Falls on 6/7). I didn't stay long since it's a Saturday and there were lots of people. I'm glad I went. The power of the Falls is amazing. I've been there on flood days when you can feel the rumble in your chest and the mist soaks you. Even on a low flow day like today, the mist sprays were reaching far. I've always love water drops on leaves.


Then I started driving home, but I took the back way so I wouldn't have to drive through Snoqualmie. And there was Mt. Si. I love this side of Mt Si. Mt Si is best at dusk I think. The sun can catch it and turn it red. It may be best when dusk paints it, but I love watch the clouds embrace the mountain too. It makes me feel poetic. And of course I've stood in the dark and looked at mountain against the night sky and thought of the people who did that thousands of years ago. I guess mountains give me a sense of time and history.

I'm so lucky, because I feel like I live in the most beautiful place. I know the world is filled with amazing places. There are plenty of places I would like to explore, but I can't really imagine moving away. I can't and won't take the beauty of this place for granted.

Mt Si, taken near Two Rivers Park

2 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Nice.

:)

To include a link to an early post, instead of just referring to it by date, use the link at the timestamp at the end of the post -- your 6/07/2005 was

11:22 AM  
Blogger Herman said...

Oh cool! I knew there had to be a way, but I couldn't figure it out. Now the linky thing has been done.

This blog thing is rather fun, but I must go to bed now

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home