Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Monday, July 25, 2005

Mixed musings

I've had a lot of stuff going on and haven't had a chance to post. It was maybe not the greatest week but there are some glorious things that I have to share.

Saturday, 7/16, I worked. It was wet and rainy. It didn't feel like a good summer day. And yet, the light caugh on a wet spider web in my carport. Here was this amazing structure glowing and golden. I would have never seen it without the rain.

Later that week I was having a rotten day at work. On my break I sat down by the lake. Here's what I wrote in an e-mail
I was just totally flustered/stressed/etc. I sat down. kept hearing the osprey. 2 of them circling the lake. Every once in a while one would start to stoop, just barely go down and pull back into a gliding circle. like when they got a better look and realized it wasn't a fish. I lay down for a moment and then I heard the chirping call really close. I sat up and looked and the osprey was lower and closer.... almost like it came to look at me. It sort of circled and then came really close and turned so it's underside was facing me. It was so close and steady that I could clearly see individual feathers. :)





















And Saturday, the elk were hanging about again, in their familiar spot. Closer than the last time I tried to get pictures. This is the exact same walk I took on June 19th. It's one of my favorite walks.

And today I revisted another favorite walk, Franklin Falls. Unlike my last visit, I wasn't completely alone, but I still spent a lot of time at the falls when no one else was about. After splashing in the water, I say down in the sun and watch the water and thought about the vastness of time and poetry.


1 Comments:

Blogger Herman said...

I updated the pictures, which doesn't really mean anything except that they are now... uploaded and not a link to photobucket.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home