Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

High elevation

I went deep into the woods (near Snoqualmie pass) with my work group. It isn't the way I choose to travel because were in a group and talking about work. Still I can't complain, because working in such a setting is a gift.

In the morning we made a stop at a site we needed to investigate. It was cool out and a bit foggy. We were granted another gift because there were elk. They watched us as we tromped through the woods. Katie and I had a hard time focusing on work. How could we when we could peer at elk through the trees and watch their breath come out in wet clouds. It was magical. There was also a woodpecker madly busy in a tree. I looked and looked for the pecker but I could never actually see it.










We got high enough to see Mt Rainier. I love living in the Snoqualmie valley but I miss the Mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home