Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Friday, September 29, 2006

Mushrooms

I really need to learn my mushrooms. I just don't know much about them. I tossed some wood in my carport. One day as I got out of my car I realized there was the most amazing fungus growing. I have no idea what they were. They've now disolved into a pile of black goo, but while they were there I found them enchanting.


They grew up under the wood.
Did the spores come in with the wood?


The mushrooms seemed to be forcing themselves between pieces of wood


The cap of the mushroom

The gills

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You take such awesome pictures.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home