Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Spring Break Trip

Over spring break I went down to California and spent time with friends. We spent some time with Renae's grandma then headed to San Diego. After that we spent several days at Knotts Berry Farm. I like roller coasters :) It wasn't at all my typical vacation but it was great fun. Between a crazy work schedule and the energetic holiday I haven't had much energy for posting or formatting photos. I am not going to say much about my trip. It was thoroughly enjoyable, but I'll let the pictures speak for me.

A friend looked at my vacation pictures and commented I didn't take many of the people I spent my time with. I took pictures at the beach and at the zoo, mostly of animals. (Here's a few of the beach and the next entry will cover the zoo). I've never really liked posed photos of people. They aren't "real" to me. I'm not much good at getting people in action. For on thing, if they see you trying to take a picture they pose. For another thing, I'm usually involved in the moment too. What matters to me when it comes to people is the shared experiences. I don't think photos can capture that but my memories hold it close. I wonder then, what that says about all the pictures I've taken of animals and nature? Perhaps I know. I still carry inside the child that was filled with awe at the varied and unique world outside the human landscape.

Tasha, Renae and Chris (I do take pictures of people sometimes)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home