Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yosemite



When I was visiting my friends we went to Yosemite. I wish I could capture the scale of the place in words or photos. It's simply amazing. I've never found it intimidating to feel small in nature. I suppose it's a sort of faith for me. Being tiny means that there is much more to life then what I can see and control. Perhaps that should terrify me, but it's also filled me with a belief of the power of life. The fact that no matter what we humans do or don't do there are things stronger then us.



We went to see the waterfalls. Yosemite Falls (the largest waterfall in North America) was basically dry but it still amazed me. We hiked up to Vernal Falls, because of injuries we couldn't get any further but that was a gift. We spent along time just sitting beside the river. I think sitting still and absorbing the surrounding is one of the greatest experiences you can have in nature. We saw huge ravens, fish, baby squirrels and watched the magic of water.

Umatilla Squirrel show off some camouflage

It's a baby!





Vernal Falls


The Magic of Water

1 Comments:

Blogger Eliza said...

So gorgeous! And the baby squirrel is adorable. :)
It was really fun to see the photos, as Levi & I are hoping to go to Yosemite next year.
Glad you had a good trip & are home safe.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home