Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Friday, May 18, 2007

San Diege Zoo Birds

I really enjoyed watching the birds at the zoo. I didn't get pictures of them all. I was especially impressed by the vulture and secretariat bird, but those weren't good photo opportunities. This is my final zoo post. I've run out of things to say so enjoy the pictures...





The herons were not in any exhibits. They were flying free. This heron was on the edge of exhibit. Most of the herons I saw were over at the flamingo exhibit. Apparently they were feeding on the baby ducks in the exhibit. (I know the last pictures isn't very good, but it does show that the heron was actually catching food)


The peacocks were running loose throughout the zoo.
This guy created quite a traffic jam.


Chris (not me, Renae's husband) didn't understand why we were watching baby ducks. Tasha was especially enjoying them. So what if we were at a zoo, they were cute.



Scarlet Ibis


Ok, what the heck was this guy doing?
He spent several minutes, just sitting on one foot with his head dangling. He'd move his head slowly around his feet. It was very odd. If I let my head dangle that long, the blood would be pounding!


I took a lot of pictures of the flamingos