Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I went to the Redwoods!

I recently got back from a camping trip at Jedidiah Smith Redwoods State Park. It was great fun. I hope to have many pictures to post and stories to tell. I decided to drive part of Highway 101 on the way down. I got onto 101 in Florence, which is about midpoint in Oregon and followed it down. The ocean against the rocks was as beautiful and powerful as always.



When it started getting dark I went looking for a place to camp. I passed several places and ended up in a Forest Service campground. I can't even remember the name of it. There didn't seem to be anyone there, and I camped right next to a small pond. Since I was just looking for a place to sleep I wasn't to worried about the mosquitoes. It was a beautiful place but the experience felt somewhat eerie to me. I guess I've trusted Coal, the big cowardly mutt, more then I realized. I'm not sure he'd be any good at defense but he'd certainly warn me of any danger approaching. Now, my hearing is much better then his. Even though I could hear cars occaisionally on 101 there was a feeling of being alone in the unknown wilderness. I drifted off to sleep to the sound of frogs and woke twice when they suddenly fell silent. I wasn't really afraid but I couldn't help but wonder what was happening out there in the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home