Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Summer and the Journey

I really intended to make several more entries about my trip to the Redwoods here. Summer arrived and I kept finding other things to do. I had a really nice hike, to Mirror Lake, that I wanted to write about. However, I wanted to finish the Redwood entries first, I sat down and went through some more of the photos, thought about what I would write and then I started working in my yard... and so the summer progressed and Simple Gifts has sat fallow.

I've been out experiencing, touching, exploring, listening and simply being immersed in the world I love. Perhaps at some point I'll come back and spend more time here at the keyboard, I really don't know. I didn't hike as much as I wanted to either, but I've had many good experiences. I am learning that there are may paths to follow. Robert Frost talks about the choice between two paths. Indeed, taking the path less traveled by is important, but it is only part of a journey that is twisting and uncertain. Sometimes we are confided by a place where there seem to by a myriad of paths to choose from. The amazing thing is, we get to chose over and over which path we will take and how we will travel. For now I muddling through, finding my way and looking forward more then back

But I carry the memories of my journeys with me and ere are some photo highlights from the summer...

Redwoods Camping Trip

A really big cricket
With all the big trees and animals and beautiful scenery, we could still get excited about a bug.



I love how light moves through the forest. This was so striking in the Redwoods.


We spent a lot of time at the river. We saw a deer swim across, sometimes the secret to seeing things is to stop searching and stay still.

The river was a great place for toad catching. Tasha was an expert. I felt a bit sorry for the toads.

One of the toads, hiding from Tasha Toad Hunter



More from Redwoods Camping Trip- Crescent City Beach



Watching the ocean is beautiful, but there was so much other beauty to be found.

This jellyfish was huge!

A close up of the jellyfish


Tasha, Nae and Abby the dog headed down this rock jetty. Coal wasn't up for the walk across the rocks so we stayed behind and watched.

Coal didn't mind waiting. The rocks were rough on his legs but he found plenty to explore.



Mirror Lake

It's called mirror lake for swimming. It was very deep and clear.


Snoqualmie Valley


My favorite time of day is dusk. It whispers to me of secrets and magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home