Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Fishing Bridge at Yellowstone

My best friends drove from California, towing their trailer. Normally when we 'camp' I sleep outside in my tent, but there were no tents allowed at Fishing Bridge campground. After 2 days of cold, wet weather I didn't completely mind.

We set our expectations for the campground low, Renae and I had both read a description that called it the "ghetto of Yellowstone." They certainly crowded in the RVs but the trees were just across Children (I assume) had built forts throughout the campground. Squirrels, chipmunks and Clarks nutcrackers were also there. Not far from our campsite was bear poop. Apparently that bear was a regular visitor.

The campground was centrally located and a great place venture out from. We didn't spend a lot of time in the campground, each day we headed out to explore. The first place we visited was, naturally, Fishing Bridge. The colors seemed so vibrant and there were so many pelicans! It seemed strange to me to see pelicans so far from saltwater. We could watch the trout swimming in the water and hear frogs croaking. After a while, crossing the bridge felt like returning home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home