Simple Gifts

I believe I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; the Snoqualmie Valley. I get to see amazing things everyday. It's time to celebrate that. (You can view pictures in larger format by clicking on them)

Monday, May 01, 2006

May Day flowers

For May Day I went looking for flowers while hiking at Cougar Mountain (see previous entry). Here are some photos. I couldn't resist adding in some general plant pictures and some photos taken previously in my yard.




Fawn Lilly - One of the few plants Flowering in the Native Plant meadow


Bleeding Heart, it was all over the woods but I couldn't get a good picture


Red Flowering Currant

Apple Blossum- I wish this had turned out better, there's a bee in the center

Some plants on the hike

Bracken Fern so fresh and green


I love the light through the leaves.


It's not a flower or a plant, but it's so cool! It's fascinating how it's been partially eaten

Flowers from my yard (taken April 21)



2 Comments:

Blogger Eliza said...

I love the fungus!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Herman said...

Isn't it cool how the fungus was eaten! That's what I liked best

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home